In the summertime, Grandpa and I go cicada-watching. We put our camping gear into my wagon and walk down to the local reserve. Last year we saw five Green Grocers, three Yellow Mondays and one Floury Baker. Can we find the rare Black Prince this year?
Shortlisted by Children’s Book Council of Australia 2020 for the EVE POWNALL AWARD
This teaching resource is designed for teachers who love to explore books in ‘hands on’ and engaging ways!
The resource includes:
- A video of Andrea’s book walk to outline a multitude of learning experiences.
- 60+ open ended teaching ideas that can be differentiated
These teaching ideas include:
- Hooks to engage
- Fun tasks to investigate letters and words
- Opportunities to build comprehension strategies
- Strategies to motivate writers
- Learning experiences with strong connections to mathematics
- Springboards for investigations