Teaching Ideas: Not Cute
This teaching resource is designed for teachers who love to explore books in ‘hands on’ and engaging ways!
The resource includes:
- A video of Andrea exploring the vocabulary section of her Reader’s Notebook.
- 90+ open ended teaching ideas to engage your readers.
- A master of word watches ready to print, cut out and worn!
These teaching ideas include:
- Ten hooks to engage!
- Twenty-five opportunities for your readers.
- Twenty- two strategies to motivate writers.
- Twenty learning experiences with strong connections to mathematics.
- Twenty- two springboards for investigations
Once there was a quokka.
Quokka was very cute.
But Quokka did not like being cute.
Not one bit …
This is the romping, stomping, chomping tale of one stubbornly adorable marsupial. But beneath its many costumes, Not Cute is a simple story about self-acceptance, listening to others, and not succumbing to your own delusions. It’s also a little bit about not being a #@*%.
Not Cute is published in Australia by Scholastic Australia (July 2020), and is shortlisted for the Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) Picture Book of the Year Award 2021.
File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File
File size: 450 KB
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before purchasing.